View our 2017 Conference website here.
About the 2015 Conference
Back for its 3rd year running, the Competition Law Conference by Sweet & Maxwell has teamed up with competition top tier set Monckton Chambers.
This year we are including four breakout sessions to give delegates more choice and a greater opportunity for interactions with speakers. We also appreciate that context is essential for fully understanding legal developments and as such we have brought on board a greater number of in-house competition experts from a number of well known brands. As the UK competition regime settles this conference is well placed to look into the efficacy of the new system, and also review interactions between and concurrency of the competition regulators.
Plenary topics include:
- Consumer Rights Act, the roll-out of collective actions, and opt-out collective actions
- Will the CAT become an attractive forum for stand-alone actions?
- Update in UK damages and other EU developments
- Practical applications of competition law in a digital world
- How is the law adapting to/evolving with new technologies. Is the Law preventing innovation?
Breakout options include:
- Managing an effective competition compliance programme: Practical strategies
- Implementing and managing a competition compliance programme
- Competition law compliance in an online environment
- Case study on approaches to competition compliance
- UK Competition regime update, and concurrent competition powers
- Concurrent powers of the sectoral regulators
- Have sector regulators been more active since ERRA reforms.
- Dawn raid workshop
- In house guide for online/digital dawn raids
- IT forensics in a dawn raid
- Impact of recent EU case law
- Mergers update
- how are merger control processes working in single authority
- lessons from telecoms merger cases
- significance of Ryanair on-going litigation