- The Right Honourable Lady Justice Rafferty Chair of the judicial college and Lord Justice of Appeal of England and Wales,
Core update: Recent updates in criminal law
Core update: Recent updates continued
- Dishonesty and the impact of Ivey.
- Causation and Wallace.
- Consent, offences against the person and BM.
- Recent developments on loss of control, diminished responsibility and infanticide.
- Self-defence, intoxication and Taj.
- Blackmail and territoriality.
- Karl Laird Lecturer in Law, University of Oxford
Core update: Evidence
Update from the SFO
- Lisa Osofsky Director, SFO
Updates from the Sentencing Council
- The Right Honourable Lord Justice Tim Holroyde Chairman, Sentencing Council of England and Wales
Core update: Procedure
- Search Warrants
- Revised CPS Code for Prosecutors; Victims’ Right to Review scheme
- Reporting Restrictions
- Abuse of Process
- Magistrates’ courts procedure
- Case management
- Crown Court procedure
- Appeals from magistrates’ courts and from the Crown Court
- Professor Peter Hungerford-Welch Assistant Dean, The City Law School of City, University of London
- Key developments from the Court of Appeal (Criminal Division)
- New legislation
- Assessing risk
- A look forward to 2019
- Lyndon Harris General Editor and Editor, Current Sentencing Practice and Criminal Appeal Reports (Sentencing)
Breakout options: choose 1 of the following options
Breakout option 1: Vulnerability
- An update from the magistrate’s court
- Working with an intermediary
- Updates from the bar council training course
- Lessons learned
- Deputy Senior District Judge Tan Ikram , Chief Magistrate
Breakout option 2: DPAs, Fraud and white-collar crime
Police station law and practice update
- Revised PACE Codes of Practice C, E, F and H
- The new Code for Crown Prosecutors
- Place of safety provisions of the Mental Health Act 1983
- Out-of-court disposals
- Recent cases on arrest, execution of duty, appropriate adults, out-of-court disposals, and search of property
- Professor Ed Cape Emeritus Professor of Criminal Law and Practice, Centre for Applied Legal Research, Law Department, University of the West of England
*Please note the agenda is subject to change
The page will be updated with further details on the agenda once they are confirmed.